I continue to be amazed and thrilled at the products carried by Trader Joe’s. Every time I visit, I make it a point to leave with several new things to try, and, soon I’ll post a complete list of my favorite items. Today, however, it’s all about their “ready-to-eat” steamed lentils that are in their produce section. I’m a huge fan of lentils, and while they’re not difficult to cook, its just so darn convenient to buy them ready to go! These lentils come vacuum-packed and ready to use! I love keeping protein packed salads in my fridge for a quick lunch, and this was an instant favorite the first time I made it. Quick & easy, full of flavor and healthy, too! It’s a win/win in my book!
- 1 pkg Trader Joe’s Steamed Lentils
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ⅓ cup green onions, diced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and set aside. Put lentils, red bell pepper, celery, green onions and parsley into large bowl. Add dressing and combine well.
- I like using the rainbow colored carrots when I can find them at Trader Joe’s. They add such pretty color to the salad!
- Feel free to add or delete veggies to your taste. Sometimes I’ll add diced cucumber if I have it, or I’ll use red onion in place of green onion. I’ve also thrown in some baby arugula which was delicious! Use your imagination and make it your own! 🙂
If you like this recipe, feel free to Tweet it, Facebook it, or just email it by clicking the “share” button below. 🙂