Trader Joe’s is one of my all-time favorite grocery stores! They carry so many great things, and I love checking out their most popular items to try…(see this article and this one, too!) One of my favorite products is this Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar.
It’s absolutely delicious! I use it with extra virgin olive oil on salads, (think roasted beets, walnuts, feta cheese and mandarin oranges splashed with this vinegar) or mix with a bit of roasted sesame oil and use on top of Chinese Chicken Salad. It can also be used straight from the bottle for marinating fish or chicken!
The other night, I mixed it with olive oil and splashed it over a salad of baby arugula, freshly sliced oranges, shaved fennel and shallots with some diced avocado. It was OUTSTANDING and PRETTY, too!! 😉
Orange, Avocado & Fennel Salad
Adapted from Epicurious.com
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 oranges, peeled (all pith removed) and sliced crosswise
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (some fronds saved for scattering on top)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 5 Tablespoons Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
Whisk together until well combined.
Place arugula on a platter and top with fennel, oranges, shallots and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and add some freshly cracked pepper and some of the fennel fronds. Bon Appetit!
- The use of a mandoline is very handy for shaving the fennel and shallots!
- Thinly sliced red onion can be substituted for the shallot if preferred! And as always, use more or less of anything depending on your taste and preference!
If you like this recipe, feel free to Tweet it, Facebook it, or just email it by clicking the “share” button below. 🙂