Chocolate and Peanut Butter…..
Think Reeses Peanut Butter Cup….
Everyone in our house loves peanut butter cookies, and we also love Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. So when I saw these cookies with both chocolate AND peanut butter, I figured they had to be the best of both worlds! I actually adapted this recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, and while she made just 10 extra large cookies, I made them smaller so they would last a little longer. No such luck. These were gone in a hurry!
Chocolate PB&J Cookies
Adapted from Giade de Laurentis
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (either smooth or chunky)
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1/2 packed cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of your favorite jam
**Liz’s Cooking Tidbits:
Butter…unsalted or salted?…room temperature or softened?
- Room temperature butter-you can leave an impression with your finger…set out 1 hour in advance
- Softened butter-your finger will leave a deep impression but you can still pick it up without it falling apart
- Soft butter-too soft to pick up