We do a lot of entertaining at our home, and I’m always on the lookout for good appetizers. This one is great for summer when the melons are at their peak! My friend, Blanca, found it in a Cooking Light magazine, and when she made it for me, I knew it was a keeper! I could have eaten the whole dish as a meal! I really like the flavors of the prosciutto and the melon together. The lime drizzle with the red pepper and the fresh mint creates a really refreshing dish! Instead of threading on skewers, I just wrapped them up and secured with a toothpick.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Melon Bites with Lime Drizzle
Cooking Light Magazine
Yield: 8 servings
- 16 (1-inch) cubes cantaloupe
- 16 (1-inch) cubes honeydew melon
- 16 (1/4-ounce) very thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
1. Wrap each cantaloupe cube and each honeydew cube with 1/2 prosciutto slice. Arrange skewers on a serving platter.
2. Combine juice, oil, and pepper, stirring with a whisk; drizzle evenly over skewers. Sprinkle evenly with mint.